Join Our Flexible Team
You’ve probably seen our trucks on the road all over the country, especially in Wisconsin and the surrounding states. Our main terminal in Plainfield, WI, is the home base for 65 drivers and another 20 drivers are based at our Markesan, WI terminal.
One of the big benefits of driving for our company is choice. Some drivers choose to haul locally and be home every night, while others prefer to drive long haul and be out an extended period of time. We work with our drivers to determine a schedule that works for them.
Even though produce hauling is our niche market and keeps our trucks very busy during harvest season, we do have freight available all year round. Our Transportation Specialists work hard to find freight through our network of contacts and established long time customers. As a company that has been around since 1958, we pride ourselves on delivering “Quality On Time Freight.”
Drivers are an important part of our team and we’ll always treat you with respect. Our open-door management policy means that we’ll make time to hear your suggestions, thoughts and even your complaints. You’ll find our team to be friendly and welcoming.
Continuous safety training is provided for all employees. Our goal is to keep our drivers safe, busy and well informed on all transportation issues. All drivers are assigned Comdata cards for fuel purchases. Drop and hook opportunities exist in a large percentage of our loads.
All drivers hired by us are subject to the following criteria:
- Be at least 23 years of age
- Possess a Class A, WI CDL
- No more than three moving violations in the last 36 months
- Must meet all applicable DOT regulations and be familiar with the FMCSR’s
- Each driver must pass a DOT physical performed by a Plainfield Trucking approved physician
- You must also pass a pre-employment drug screen and also meet the eligibility criteria to perform our job description
- No DUI or reckless driving tickets in the last five years and none ever in a commercial motor vehicle
- No more than two preventable accidents in the last two years
Upon completion of a probationary period, all full-time employees will be eligible to receive:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Free $10,000 life insurance plus double indemnity
- Supplemental life insurance at affordable rates for a family
- Free short-term disability coverage
- 401k retirement plan with company match
Employees and their spouses can earn points for completing our annual wellness program. Participants who successfully complete the program can earn a cash bonus and rewards up to $1100 annually.
As an independent contractor, we understand and realize the challenges of managing your own business. Plainfield Trucking offers a comprehensive package for our independent contractors, making managing your operations easier and successful. Let us help you by putting over 60 years of business experience to work for you.
Our average independent contractors earn between $100,000 and $150,000 per year. Independent contractors are paid 76% of the revenue. We provide all trailers.
Settlements are paid weekly upon receipt of clear bills-of-lading. There are no delays or hold backs for broker loads.
- A valid commercial driver’s license
- A current physical card and long form physical
- An insurance certificate
- Copy of paid 2290 (previous and current year)
- Current annual inspection
- Copy of vehicle title
- Proof of worker’s compensation insurance
- Signed lease agreement
Contractors must pass a pre-employment drug screen and meet eligibility criteria.
Compensation and Bonuses
Our average independent contractors earn between $100,000 and $150,000 per year. Independent contractors are paid 76% of the revenue. We provide all trailers. Settlements are paid weekly upon receipt of clear bills-of-lading. There are no delays or hold backs for broker loads.
Recruitment & Longevity Bonus
We offer a referral bonus up to $1000 per qualified driver. Longevity awards are available after two years of continued service.
We hire top independent contract carriers who can provide our customers with the service they come to expect from our company. We build enduring relationships through honesty and communication. We do our best to provide reliable, timely service and to provide the highest quality of service to fill our customers’ needs.
We offer a competitive benefit package for our contract carriers. Every effort is made to treat all our contractors on a personal level, working with you to accommodate your needs and help you achieve your goals.